Friday, September 26, 2008

That Broken Record

Today’s focus is on listening to that broken record. What is this broken record? This topic touches home more so for the women because men are the broken record in this blog (you will see what I mean in a minute). The first time a woman hears this record is when they have that first real conversation. Not the game he was spitting when he picked you up, but that conversation where you get an understanding on what he is about and where he is going in life. At this point the record isn’t broken. This guy seems like he has a lot of ambition and drive. “Yea, I’m about to open my own…” “Me and my mans are about to start….” “I don’t have a job right now, I’m about to start working at….:” Do you see a pattern?

It’s the same thing every time. I’m about to do this and that, but yet you have been with this guy like 2 or 3 years and he hasn’t moved in any direction towards those dreams he was selling you. It gets even better, because you ladies like to complain to everyone about him not following through on anything. You’re sick and tired of listening to his broken record but you are still with him! (You didn’t honestly think I really was going to dog out the guys the whole time did you?)

Why are you holding on to him? How do women always find themselves in these positions? How long will you continue to play this broken record? Fellas, take a look at yourself for a minute. What dreams or ideas have you pitched and not acted on? I mean if you lost the desire to do something than let I her know. If you don’t I’m sure it will always be held against you. Have a great day folks!!!

Be productive, be persistent, be prudent.


WORD OF THE DAY

ar·du·ous -
1. difficult and tiring: requiring hard work or continuous physical effort
2. steep or demanding: very difficult to traverse, endure, or overcome

No comments: